Monday, August 2, 2010

Baby update from Aunt Jessica!



I'm sure most of you know by now that Katie finally had her baby boy, Elijah Lee Imhoff, on Wednesday, July 21st, at 4:38 A.M. I am finally an aunt! Yippee!

I really do think he is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. I think there's a lot of babies out there that look like aliens when they are born. They can't help it-they have little to no hair, have been living inside a woman's body for the last 9 months, and have almost no control over any body movements.

But not Elijah! He has a full head of hair, beautiful eyes, his daddy's long eyelashes, and is perfect in every way! I'm sure every mom feels this way about her child when he or she is born, but seriously, I think everyone can agree with me about Eli.

I, of course, had to go see my nephew and take pictures before he gets bigger (which I hear doesn't take very long, unfortunately). Saturday after I got off work I booked it up to SF to meet Eli.

I even got to have a riding buddy on the way up. My cousin, Jacob, that lives down in KC was wanting to go up to SF for a week, then his dad would come up and bring him back home the next week. Company always helps with driving long hours!

I bolted into my parents house at 6:00 that night and immediately asked to see Eli. He is so precious, and I am so sad that I do not get to be there for all the milestones he will go through soon. Luckily we are only 5 hours away now instead of 8 1/2.

Anyway, back to Eli. I loved being able to hold him in my arms. I felt like I could just stare at him all day long. When he is actually awake his facial expressions are just priceless!

That evening I got to meet with one of my dearest friends, Mollie. Although we are trying not to admit it, we have not seen each other since my wedding last year! After a few hours of catching up, I get a phone call from my brother saying that Katie had just left for the ER.

No worries, she is doing just fine now. Josh told me that it was just him and Eli while he waited for Katie and her mom to get back from the ER, and if I wanted to help hold Eli he would not object. Another chance to hold him? Yes, please!

After Mollie and I were done I headed over to Josh and Katie's house and wrapped Eli in my arms again.

We stayed up until 3 in the morning, but it was so worth it to be able to have that time together! Not wanting to leave Eli, after a short 24 hours and 20 minutes, I headed back home for work the next day.

Here's some pictures of my handsome nephew. Check out my Facebook page for more!

1 comment:

  1. it was SO GOOD to see you in Sioux Falls last week and see beautiful ELI!!! he is so cute! definitely a beautiful baby! and beautiful pics Jess! i love them! great job!

    ReplyDelete